- Jason Kaul, Service Desk Supervisor, StarTech.com
- Jacob Crogie, Business Analyst, StarTech.com
- Eric Pierson, ITS Director, City of Durango
- Kevin Vigil, IT Director, Southwest Care Center
- Stephen Tate, Global End User Services Director, Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Adam Schaffer, Service Desk Lead, Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Andy Gutgsell, IT Service Manager, Bridgestone
- Vendors do contract negotiations for a living, but IT leaders are generally inexperienced at the process.
- IT leaders are unaware of what their negotiation options are and often miss red flags or negotiable areas in contracts.
- Vendors use a variety of sales tactics that may seem to provide value but typically require better introspection into process and strategy first.
- Don’t negotiate solely based on price. ITSM tools have progressed far beyond table stakes to have one-dimensional negotiations. Be rigorous with your requirements gathering before approaching your vendor for negotiation.
Impact and Result
- Knowledge of ITSM licensing secrets that can readily applied to contract negotiation.
- Improved knowledge of contract negotiation tactics.
- IT leaders can expect to get the licensing agreement that’s the best fit for their organization.
1. Get the agreement you want
Review the 10 secrets of ITSM licensing along with key steps of the contract negotiation process.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.