After 15 years of availability of commercial Project Portfolio Management tools the number one tool for PPM remains Excel spreadsheets. But in avoiding the high cost and low adoption of commercial PPM tools, PMO Directors and CIOs also need to deal with common pitfalls of homegrown solutions.
Addressing these challanges to develop an affordable, adoptable, and effective PPM solution using widely available tools is the subject of an upcoming Info-Tech research project: Grow Your Own PPM Solution. As part of this project you are invited to participate in a one hour Discovery Video Conference on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 1pm EST.
Please join me as we discuss:
- Challenges maintaining the backlog of requested and/or approved projects
- Difficulties reporting on the progress of in-flight projects
- How to ensure projects receive management oversight and support
By participating in this event you will:
- Hear from guest panelists who have extensive experience in this IT space,
- Help shape the direction of our research,
- Through polls and questions, share your insights and challenges with your peers, and
- Connect and learn from our analysts
Info-Tech Research Group is launching a series of Discovery Video Conferences which occur during the early weeks of our research projects. We want to work closely with our members and potential members as we build out our research to ensure we are thoroughly meeting your needs.